Thursday, January 28, 2016

You're My Favorite


I thought it would be fun to experiment with my stamp designs You're My Favorite and discover some of the fun things you can do with them... so while wandering the aisles of Hobby Lobby I came across these wooden plaques and decided they were the perfect thing to spruce up with a little stamp lovin ;) These really are quite easy to make and only require a few items.

Items Needed
  • Clear stamps
  • Stamp block
  • Archival ink pad
  • Color pencils (I prefer Prismacolor or Derwent Inktense pencils)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Twine, ribbon, or some type of string
  • Wood plaques that fit your stamp

If you're not familiar with clear stamps, they're super easy to use. All you do is take the stamp and stick it onto your stamping block. The plastic is a tiny bit sticky so it adheres to the acrylic surface of your block. When stamping your designs make sure to use archival ink! I always use archival because if I want to color of wash over my inked surface my stamp will not smear.

After trial and error I discovered you must press very firmly when stamping on wood. Press the bejeebers out of it or else you'll have missing patches of ink!


Color to your heart's delight :)

Use a hot glue gun to attach your twine or ribbon.

Aaaaaaaaand voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment